CUfocus™ Soft Egg Crates® use specially angled cells to:
• Provide full-source illumination at close distances.
• Avoid spill in the most confined spaces by tightly blocking light around the desired subject.
Full-source illumination at close-distances is not possible with Original Soft Egg Crates due to occlusion.
CUfocus™ works by angling the cells to focus on a predetermined point close to the source. This point is calculated relative to the diagonal dimension† of the source. For example the 0.75 model creates a focus point at a distance of three-quarters of the diagonal dimension†.
Lighttools® offers CUfocus™, to fit standard size butterfly and overhead frames, for camera tests and rental. Custom orders to fit specific softboxes are also available.
†Occlusion: Refers to the blocking of light by Soft Egg Crate cells at close distances.
†For a more in-depth explanation of diagonal dimension see the Occlusion Revolution section.
CUfocus† Soft Egg Crate® models provide full, close source illumination combined with tight cropping around the desired focus area.
• the only tool that allows for tight light blocking around the subject at close distance to the source
• reduce setup and teardown time
• transport and store crates easily
• reduce manpower and grip equipment
• spend more time on lighting design